Emperor's Finest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Tournament Game

3 posters

Go down

First Tournament Game Empty First Tournament Game

Post  Admin Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:21 pm

Please be sure to reference (by game #) which round you are talking about.

Despite some relatively minor problems I'd like to thank everyone who their dedication and three firm victories. While these victories came easily against outnumbered opponents they showed the speed with which we can dominate the map. With this forum I hope we can work on our strategy even more.

But to make my first point I'd just like to point of that I said 'strategy'. Whatever tactics you use are your choice. As an alliance we should come up with a strategy for each game by day 1 or 2. At that point we all choose our own tactics to achieve said strategy. Of course the game progresses we might need to change our overall strategy, but we can tackle that when (if) the time comes.

To summarize.
Strategy = team effort -BIG PICTURE-
Tactics = your own management of resources/provinces/troops. -Details-

Of course we should coordinate as much as possible with individual attacks and resource sharing. Communication is important, whether here, in game (remember stronger opponents may use spies), or through private messages in game.

Okay, now we're open for discussion.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://llef.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

First Tournament Game Empty Re: First Tournament Game

Post  Zabralkan Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:22 am

One of my games disappeared... The one where I was Russia and I was conquering Sweden... Did it happen the same to the rest of you?

It isn't in the archive either.

Zabralkan

Back to top Go down

Post  Zabralkan Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:58 pm

Well, I want to share my first thoughts about the games we played. First of all, as it was said, we completely owned them. But I'd want to say some reflections about the game and what I've learned:

First, since you can build every building from the very beginning, in the day 1 we should be already be building factories. I think that 2 is good enough but that is up to each one style. The artillery is essential to win, and to conquer without (Or with few) losses the neutral enemies) Second, I think that building either battleship or obus is pointless, since we will be able to use it in the last 4 days, and that without counting the travel time.
Third, I propose that as soon as possible we build one (Or two those who have more oil) airplanes. I say this because in the single player campaign I lost against a player that destroyed all my artillery, troops, everything with his planes.

And well, that are my proposals. I know these are tactics, but the strategy can only be discussed at the very beginning of the games.

Zabralkan

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:36 pm

First off just let me say, no. No games vanished for me. I would be much more worried and ask you to pm someone over at byrto, but as it is I think we can win regardless.

As for the tactics. I would have to agree. Battleships and probably quite useless. Rail-guns... same thing, as I can only see certain defensive uses for both units. I think that your airplane idea is a good one. They are not always useful, but I can remember a couple games where they did an excellent job of breaking a stalemate.

On the factory idea... I'm almost tempted to make it a rule haha. We NEED artillery. My best example of why we need artillery would game #238646 where GB (played by Vol) attacked Poland. With how the game is playing out those losses aren't a big deal. (133k to 56k) but in a real game that could be the difference between life and death. I'm not point fingers here, I made the same damn mistake, just on a smaller scale. With artillery we could have eliminated Poland with 25-35% of the casualties that we took.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zabralkan Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:28 pm

Pff... There it re-appeared. (Just informing)
*Edit*

Another thing useful can be creating a new post for each new battle, so we discuss the strategy and the tactics of each game in separate rooms, with less confusion. Once the game is finished, we can either delete it, or create a "History chamber"

Zabralkan

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:52 pm

We could... I assume you mean for the next round of tournaments? It is way past being useful right now. I like the idea of having a thread for each game though. We could post everything here and keep in game talk to a minimum.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zabralkan Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:00 pm

You assume correctly. Indeed, we don't need much planning for the next 5 days in the current games.

By the way, why are we the only ones posting?

Zabralkan

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:53 pm

Just to kick ass, which is looking like mission accomplished. Smile

I have no idea. I'll send something out this weekend. It is finals time and (kind of) holiday, who knows. They all seem active in-game though.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

First Tournament Game Empty Posting

Post  Zeek33 Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:51 pm

You guys are the only ones posting because you 2 and I are the only ones with accounts (memberlist) and I don't use forums often.

Zeek33

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:56 pm

Yes, I see that. I guess people just don't want to sign up...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down