Emperor's Finest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 255912

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Game 255912 Empty Game 255912

Post  Admin Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:21 pm

This is an alliance of experienced players, but as an alliance they have no record. For this game I think a balanced approach will work best. Some rushing, some defending.

GB will go for Iceland and land troops in France to help with the common objectives. I might go for a province or two in Belgium as well to give me a foothold on the mainland. Mostly though I'll be watching Sweden...

Spain takes Portugal QUICKLY aka before Morocco can land there. You have France to the North so no immediate threats. Be damn sure to place a scout or two in the water to watch Morocco and keep your shores clearly. Basically you'll just be trading iron and wood/importing oil while waiting for an opportunity in Morocco. Spies are a must as well to see if they ever take troops away to help elsewhere.

France will take Belgium with GB and just generally watch Italy/Germany. I feel quite confident that Italy will go for Switzerland, let them. You'll have to keep a very strong border with both the Italians and Germany.

Ottomans, well you get free roam in the Balkans.... but be smart about it. Morocco can send troops, Italy can send troops too. And while you have a shield against A-H initially you can and will eventually fight them. Guaranteed.

Russia.... I don't even know what to say. You have a horrible position. If you can play this well you'll either be the luckiest player ever or one of the most skilled. You have lots of NPC opportunity but you also have Sweden, Germany, and A-H on your borders. You need to export your oil/food and the rest of us can keep you floating in energy. You're probably the most important player here because you'll win us the game or lose it so communication will be so important here that it is impossible to stress it enough. The Ottomans and France will have to support you here. Period.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://llef.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Game 255912 Empty Re: Game 255912

Post  Zabralkan Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:01 am

Damn, they are in the center. They form a perfect line. This one will be hard... Well, here is my thought (As always, if there is a better idea, excellent!): France attacks Germany, aided by half of the Spanish and English troops, and build up garrisoned fortresses in Marsellies and Lyons for Italy. Russia indeed have an awful position, but we can change that. Your mission is, obviously to defend, 40% troops at the north, for Sweden, and 60% of the troops to the south. Heavy fortresses in Kandalaksaya or whatever (The northern city) In 3 days, when the Ottoman have RoW with the AI, we will attack together Austria Hungary, that will have surely helped Germany against our attack.

Always think from where they could attack, even if it is unlikely, and leave some defenses there.

Zabralkan

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:17 pm

The only thing I disagree with on there is Spain taking that many out of the Iberian Peninsula... defense is their first and primary object. Half their troops is simply too many. Morocco can take Portugal (or RoW) and bypass the need for an amphibious invasion against Spain itself.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zabralkan Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:58 pm

Yeah, but Spain should also have RoW with Portugal (And with every other AI country) and having a few scouts at water should say where the enemy will try to land, and where to shore it. After all, there aren't large territories, in just a few hours you can take them at any place. My proposition holds, but with this variant. Of course, any newly created unit will remain for the defense. But we need that France won't be able to focus any place. Perhaps only 30% will do.

Zabralkan

Back to top Go down

Post  Zabralkan Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:02 pm

P.S: I'll have spies on AH

Zabralkan

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:19 pm

One spy in A-H and one in Sweden.

Well first we need our good buddy zeek to log into that game. Wink

But yeah... Spain could get a RoW with Portugal to defend it, but I argue that it is still a liability. Spanish troops will move slower in Portugal (I think) and definitely lose morale, plus no ability to build forts. Still, it is a Spanish decision in the end. As long as he knows defense is his primary objective the rest is personal opinion.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zabralkan Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:43 pm

If you try to shore the enemy, the fortresses are pointless. The true problem isn't that the troops will move slower, since if the scouts are correctly placed, you will have a good 12 hours warning to move everyone everywere, plus 4:30hs to get them in the correct shore. The problem is how frequently you get connected.

Zabralkan

Back to top Go down

Game 255912 Empty Time

Post  Zeek33 Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:15 pm

I'll try and be on every 2-3 hours (excluding sleep time). I think it would be better to conquer Portugal quickly with a mass of troops and have a few barracks to make up for losses before Morocco gets a chance to strike. Spies in Morocco and Italy.

Zeek33

Back to top Go down

Post  Zabralkan Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:57 pm

Portugal has no strategic resource. It will be a complete loss of troops. At least that is my opinion, we will need to the last man to win them.

Zabralkan

Back to top Go down

Game 255912 Empty Oh Jesus

Post  alexandermrgn Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:50 pm

Right. Well. Thanks for the vote of confidence Zab. I will be investing all resources into level 5 fortresses, and aiming for railguns or arty. I can hold ground, but I doubt I'll be in a position to take any. As for anyone needing resources, if you set up the trade, that will be my indicator to send what oil I have. Iron would be a plus if people have it.

alexandermrgn

Back to top Go down

Post  Zabralkan Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:18 pm

If you attack Portugal, you would loose at least 40 troops, and leave demoralized and pinned down another 20. You would be an easy target. Nevertheless, if you want to pin him down and make it impossible for him to get from Portugal, you will need scouts near Casablanca. We are not against noobs, they are elite. It is not I don't trust any of you, but we must not be confident, any mistake, specially in this particular map, where we are scattered and can't hit with only one fist any place, would be our doom.

What offensive plan can we take on this map? It is really hard... We will have to play defensive at the beginning, but then... What shall we do?

Zabralkan

Back to top Go down

Game 255912 Empty Picture

Post  Zeek33 Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:42 am

I've seen all of Morocco's troops and have saved the picture. I'm having issues uploading it. If somebody gives me their email I can send it to them. Or you can explain how. I tried hosting it then copying the link but nothing happened.

Zeek33

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:06 am

Where to start, where to start...

Germany is building up to attack France. Potential opening. FYI. If Belgium grants me RoW tomorrow we will be sitting pretty.

Portugal? I can see good arguments for attacking and for not attacking. You not lose any morale though with capturing the capital. All provinces/armies will gain morale... Just a thought. Only do it if it can be clean. (I.E. quick and easy.)

As for the pictures, we'll probably have to use photobucket or something.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Game 255912 Empty Portugal

Post  Zeek33 Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:12 am

I have sent you an email Grim with the locations of Moroccan troops. Also I think I have at least double strength for each Portugal Province. If I have a simultaneous strike it'll be quick and clean before Morocco can organize their troops.

Zeek33

Back to top Go down

Post  Zabralkan Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:32 am

Yet another argument against taking over Portugal, beside the loss of troops that could help if France is attacked: There is a chance Morroco will try to attack through Portugal, with RoW. If you conquer it, not only you will have less troops, also it will be unlikely he attacks, and you would be at a "tie". Nevertheless, if you shore him in Portugal, you will put the balance on our favor, and you won't need to build any fortress, saving the precious iron and coins.

Zabralkan

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:46 am

It is in your hands Zeek. I wish Portugal had better resources. If they were sitting on a double resource or some oil it wouldn't even be a question. But as it is.... better positioning and morale vs. troop loss. That's the whole argument. In the long run you will be troop positive from those provinces, but short term you will be down roughly 25-30k troops (assuming it goes smoothly).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zabralkan Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:04 am

Alexander, leave some troops in your capital. They can get there from Denmark, and rape you. Zeek, why aren't you at France? And why you don't have any scout near casablanca?
Let's learn from our enemies, that attacked Germany from all flanks. Let us pick one country and attack.

Unfortunately, due to our delay, they will have artillery by when we attack. But well.

Zabralkan

Back to top Go down

Game 255912 Empty France

Post  Zeek33 Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:36 am

Heading to Belgium. I'll go around the fortresses. Got right of way with Belgium

Zeek33

Back to top Go down

Post  Zabralkan Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:01 am

Damn, I didn't got RoW in any game...

Zabralkan

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:28 pm

As soon as I get RoW through Belgium I'll be on board.

I think it is important to note that this game will probably be the fairest game of all.

In #13 we have a huge advantage with our positioning, which is why we'll probably win. In #09 it is the exact opposite, we have horrible positioning and (while I still think we have a decent chance) if we're going to lose a game it will be #09.

Just look at it, no RoWs needed for multiple lines of attack in either of those game. Whereas this game we have to have at least a couple RoWs to make a decent attack. It's all quite interesting but I'm starting to form the theory that these games are about positioning and coordination and that's all. Very little strategy... which is why I think our next alliance game should be on the big map. Smile

Seriously now, go look at the three games and tell me I'm wrong. Positioning, positioning, positioning.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:47 pm

Successful infiltration of Germany. I'm going to try and push my advantage now. By the way with 3 double coal provinces please contact me if you need any. I need food (mostly) and oil (kind of).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Game 255912 Empty Resources

Post  Zeek33 Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:37 pm

I have materials, need oil. Also Grim, if you're really low on food, do what I do and go to the stock market. It works well so long as you have the coin to spare.

Zeek33

Back to top Go down

Game 255912 Empty Also

Post  Zeek33 Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:39 pm

Alex, can you attack Austria? They have a lot of troops in Germany. If you take them while they're unaware, it should help out greatly. Thank you.

Zeek33

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:08 pm

I know and it isn't critical, but I'm /swimming/ in coal. And if I take Berlin it will only get worse. I would very much like to see every cosuming as much coal as possible and trading me other resources for coal. I do have money (just over 200k) so like I said nothing is critical, but I have over 42k coal with 351/hr (which is only going up).

Oh and Alex do not attack Austria. Unless your spies are successful, you have arty, or they have very few troops garrisoning their border provinces. You should however (no matter what) LOOK like you're going to attack Austria. Throw some troops up to the border. Indeed the second Zab has some RoW through the Balkans the two of you should be able to pummel Austria.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Zabralkan Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:28 pm

Now that I come to think, Alex can make an attack against Sweden, and posssibly make a huge damage, plus sweden have great resources. Or, at least, draw back some of the 45 troops to send them closer to AH.

Zabralkan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next